Dear Notre Dame undergraduate, graduate, and professional students,
We write today to provide you with information about COVID-19 testing of students at the conclusion of the fall semester. Please feel free to forward this information to your parents, guardians, and loved ones.
The University will offer COVID-19 testing to assist students traveling to other states or countries. Students will have an opportunity to sign up for testing appointments at the beginning of November.
- Students with a permanent address in a state or country where COVID-19 testing is required for entry will receive testing priority prior to their departure. Priority will be based on early November state and country requirements and a student’s home address in Banner.
- Students who live in the same immediate household with an individual at high risk for COVID-19 complications should apply for an accommodation through Sara Bea Accessibility Services by Friday, Oct. 23. Students with approved accommodations will also receive priority for exit testing.
- Additional, optional, saliva testing will be offered to any student between Monday, Nov. 9 and Friday, Nov. 20. The University will pause surveillance testing during this period as needed to accommodate student exit testing.
- Diagnostic testing, including appropriate isolation or quarantine requirements, will continue for students who experience primary or sustained secondary symptoms of COVID-19.
Enjoy this week’s beautiful fall weather, and thank you for continuing to adhere to the University’s health and safety protocols. Please, remember to:
- Wear your mask
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Complete your daily health check
- Show up when selected for surveillance testing
In Notre Dame,
Erin Hoffmann Harding
Vice President for Student Affairs
Vice President for Campus Safety and University Operations
Originally published by here.nd.edu on October 07, 2020.at